If you have never ordered a half or whole pig it can be an intimidating undertaking and we are here to help out! Our pigs range from 200-350 lbs, so a whole pig is about 5 boxes worth of meat (and a half is about 2.5-3 boxes) Depending on how you customize your pork order will depend on how many of each cut you get, but we have included an example of a whole pig order below.
- We charge for our half & whole pigs by the hanging weight. This is the weight of the animal at the butcher shop after slaughter (including the bones, fat, organs & meat) This is the most accurate way we can charge.
- Our whole pigs are $6/lb and half pigs are $6.25/lb.
- Your total pounds of meat will differ from your hanging weight depending how you ask for things to be cut.
- To get the most yield back we suggest getting all of the items including organs, leaf lard and keep the bones in cuts like hams etc.
- If you would like all boneless cuts there will less weight because the hanging weight does include the bones.