Kitchen/Bakery Assistant Position: Part time or Full time
Landman Gardens and Bakery is a family-operated business located just north of Grand Valley Ontario; we are committed to growing and producing the best quality food for our customers. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity to join our team, please read on. We will be accepting applications and resumes until April 15th at 5:00 pm. Apply Now!
General Position Description:
Full training will be provided. This position will have varied duties including:
- Follow baking recipes, and proper baking procedures
- Process a variety of fruit, vegetables & meat into canned goods, prepared meals and baked goods.
- Prepare pans, baking and finish of baked goods and pastries, timely and efficiently
- Pack and display food and pastries as necessary while maintaining exceptional food and pastry presentation.
- Ensure proper product identification, and labeling
- Practice proper portion controls and quantities for food and bakery products.
- Ensure proper equipment and facility cleaning practices
- Prepare exceptional bakery, pastry and food products in a clean, food code compliant working environment.
- Maintain exceptional, individual guest service and presentation.
- Helping customers in the farm store
Mission: Prepare and execute exceptional Landman Bakery pastries and food products
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 10 pounds at all times
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must have own transportation to and from shifts
- Must be available Saturdays
- Willing to work around schedules (including parents with school age children, or students doing remote learning)
- Part time position may look like 8 am -5 pm 3-4 days a week, or 8 am - noon 5 days a week
- Full time position may look like 8 am - 5 pm 5 days a week
- Hours will be between Tuesday- Saturday
We are looking for someone who:
· Is excited to join us at Landman Gardens!
- Has the ability to coordinate multiple bakery tasks simultaneously in a timely and efficient manner.
· Demonstrates time management, organizational skills and ability to work independently.
· Is detail oriented, with a desire and passion to create exceptional bakery products
· Displays a pleasant and polite demeanor
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please Apply now on our website! Applications will be accepted until March 18th at 5:00 pm.